Health Insurance - Temporary Residents in Australia

Individuals and families coming to Australia on temporary resident visas - such as the 457 - are required to arrange appropriate health insurance to cover them whilst in Australia. Appropriate in this situation means insurance that is acceptable to DIAC (Department of Immigration and Citizenship).

You need to prove that you have arranged insurance by including within your visa application a Letter of Insurance confirming cover for yourself and any family member. This applies to any nationality, even those covered within reciprocal healthcare agreements between Australia and the country where they are currently resident.

All the health policies available from this page meet DIAC requirements, with cover being provided by one of Australia's, and the world's, leading health insurers, Bupa. A wide variety of different plans and premiums are available, and these can be reviewed and a secure online application for cover submitted, by clicking the button below.

Application Button

Applicants will receive letters confirming that they have appropriate health cover in place, for visa purposes, within 1 - 2 business days following receipt of an application.